Are you new to the crafting world and looking for a few tips on how to get up and running? First thing’s first: sign up for a craft show. After you’ve done that, the next step is creating an attractive booth. A successful display plays a key role in your customers’ experience – and builds a solid foundation for the items you’ve worked so hard to create.
There are a few tips to keep in mind when building your first craft booth and we’ve listed them below. Let’s dig right in:
- Build a solid foundation – The foundation of your craft booth can play a key role in drawing customers in and making them comfortable enough so they’ll stick around and browse. If you’re using a table, cover it with a warm, bold color that makes your creations “pop.”
- Keep it inexpensive – There’s no need to spend a lot of money on your craft booth. Instead, go to a thrift store to find unique objects that can be used to display your creations. Look for old shutters, photo frames, baskets, etc. Photo frames are another great prop, as you can pop out the glass and display your smaller creations in a creative way.
- Keep an easy set up – When buying the materials for your booth, try to buy them as small and light as possible. Ideally, you’d be able to set up the booth on your own without a lot of help carrying in the props. Small items are also a lot easier to store in your home when you’re not attending a craft show.
- Be consistent and unique – If you plan to do several craft fairs and want to easily draw in your customers, make sure something in your booth is unique. This could be done in a lot of ways like a patterned tablecloth, the way you display your items, or even a memorable logo. You want your goods to be something everyone talks about and remembers in a favorable way.
These four tips can play a big role in enhancing your craft fair experience – and even better, increasing the happiness of your customers.
For more about craft sales read The 5 Elements of Seductive Craft Fair Booth Displays: http://www.retailpackaging.com/blog/2012/07/guide-to-craft-fair-booth-displays/ at Retail Packaging.
If you’re a golf fanatic, the term “golf majors” rings a bell. This refers to the most famous and important tournaments in golf history as identified by players, fans and media. It also points to major championships that define golf seasons and the careers of the best golfers. Golf majors are broken down into categories identified as men, women, seniors and amateurs, each comprising different divisions in golf. Of the four, golf majors for men are the most popular segments.
Men’s Golf Majors
Looking at the biggest competitions in men’s golf, these four golfing majors are the most prestigious tournaments that every golfer wants to be a part of. A victory in these events guarantees you a record in the history of golf.
- The Masters – This is one of the major tournaments played at the same course every year scheduled on the first full week of April. Augusta National Golf Club is the regular venue of this event originally started by Clifford Roberts and Bobby Jones. The first tournament officially began on March 22, 1934. Jack Nicklaus is the ultimate pro of The Masters, raking up six victories between 1963 and 1986.
- The US Open Championship – The United States Open Championship or U.S. Open is an annual event staged by the United States Golf Association. This is held in a variety of courses around the country often scheduled in mid-June. The course is specifically designed to challenge a player’s skill. Four golfers namely Willie Anderson, Bobby Jones, Ben Hogan and Jack Nicklaus have set a record in the U.S. Open. Each of them won the tournament four times.
- British Open – Also known as The Open Championship, it is the oldest of the four majors held outside of the United States. The tournament takes place annually rotating around nine links courses in Scotland or England and played on the third Friday of July. The Old Course at St. Andrews hosts the event every five years while the other eight courses play host once in ten years. Englishman Harry Vardon achieve six victories between 1896 and 1914.
- PGA Championship – This annual golf tournament is conducted by the Professional Golfers Association of America usually set mid-August or four weeks after The Open Championship. It is held primarily in the eastern half of the United States and has ventured west for only ten times. Walter Hagen and Jack Nicklaus are major winners of this event having won five times each.
Each major is developed and run by different organizations so they are uniquely apart in many ways. But whoever shines on these competitions becomes a part of golf history. Some of the equipment they have used can be found here.
If you want grout lines that are truly strong and impervious to damage, then epoxy grout is definitely the one for you. This type of grout is known for being highly durable and works well for different kinds of tiled surfaces. It is made of epoxy resin and epoxy hardener, both of which work together to bring grout that’s highly resistant to water, stains and many other forms of damage. As it is incredibly strong, epoxy tile grout is usually placed in tiled areas that experience heavy traffic. Kitchens and bathrooms of homes as well as tiled floorings of commercial establishments find epoxy tile grout definitely a smart and long lasting alternative.
Use Epoxy Tile Grout for Special Tiles
Here are some special tiles that need the power and strength of epoxy tile grout.
- Quarry tile – This type of tile is also known for being strong and sturdy. It is therefore just fitting with an equally strong kind of grout such as the epoxy tile grout. Strong and inexpensive, the quarry tile is highly favored by homes and businesses. However, they’re also porous especially when not properly sealed. Thus, it needs the help of waterproof grout lines to seal in those joints between the tiles well. Both the quarry tile and the epoxy tile grout work well to bring home and business owners quality and durable tiled surfaces. Visit www.quarrytilehq.com for more information about the quarry tile.
- Saltillo tile – As a tile made of natural clay, the Saltillo tile is naturally beautiful yet extremely porous. Liquid can easily seep through the tiles and cause damage deep within. Thus, tile sealants and epoxy tile grout are absolutely essential to provide waterproofed Saltillo tile flooring. Find out more about the Saltillo tile by visiting www.saltillotile.org.
Cleaning and Maintenance of Epoxy Tile Grout
Keep your tiled surfaces and their epoxy lines well maintained by cleaning them regularly. Use homemade grout cleaners for daily cleaning and then commercial or professional grade cleaners for once-a-month disinfection. Mix an equal amount of water and vinegar and use this solution for everyday cleaning. Commercial and professional grade cleaners, on the other hand, can be bought at supermarkets and hardware stores. Even if epoxy tile grout doesn’t easily get damaged, it is nice to keep it clean and well maintained. You not only get beautiful looking tiled surfaces but also a more hygienic area.
Epoxy Tile Grout
Just like tires that come in different types such as the special low profile tires, tile grout also offers the strong and sturdy epoxy tile grout. This type of grout may need to be applied by a professional grout installer, but it is still most beneficial in areas that need well built and sturdy tiled surfaces. Epoxy grout brings grout lines that you can enjoy for years. It essentially offers real value for time and money.
If you want to restore the look of your existing swimming pool, pool paint is required. The interior surface of the pool can sustain abrasion over time and create a less inviting appearance for the swimmers. The cost of maintenance to extend the life of the pool can cause a drain in your pocket. Additional chemicals are often necessary to make sure that the water is safe for swimming. Restoration is, therefore, the best option to reduce unnecessary expenses and time consuming effort of maintaining the pool’s interiors.
Kinds of Pool Paint
There are three types of swimming pool paint designed to efficiently coat and provide a seamless finish on the pool’s surface. The epoxy paint is a durable coat that offers a long lasting protection. It is often referred to as “marine paint” because of its ability to withstand harsh chemicals and UV rays of the sun. This type of paint is composed of resin and hardener, mixed in a one is to one ratio. Chlorinated rubber base is another kind of pool paint that comes much cheaper and less durable than epoxy grout. This paint is highly resistant to salt, acids and alkalis but can whiten slightly when exposed to UV rays of the sun. It has a soft surface and high solvent content. Acrylic paint is ideally used for commercial swimming pools that require regular repainting. This type of paint is water based so it can wear faster than the epoxy paint and chlorinated rubber base.
Prepare the Pool for Painting
- Examine any cracks and breaks that the pool has incurred over the years. Check for major damage.
- Wash the pool thoroughly using a solution of tri-sodium phosphate and warm water. Scrub and remove all debris and residue. Rinse with water until no residue is left.
- Mix a 10% solution of muriatic acid in water inside an industrial plastic container. Make sure to wear protective gloves and goggles when handling the solution. Use the solution to scrub and scrape the swimming pool surface. Rinse with water thoroughly.
- Repeat the second step.
When all the preparation is done, painting the pool is next in line. Use durable pool paint for a long lasting quality. This will not only make your swimming pool clean and beautiful but the paint will likewise protect the surface from possible damage. When everything is completed and the paint has dried fully, it’s time to take a refreshing dip into the cool waters of the pool.
Make your home the ultimate venue for family gatherings with outdoor fireplace kits. These things are great at what they do, and that is, providing that special spot for people to gather. A fireplace kit is packed with all the essentials to create a crackling fire and that distinct fireplace ambiance. While natural stone kitchen tiles are best for kitchen granite counters, fireplaces look very lovely on your lawn or patio. An outdoor fireplace kit is a great way to create a warm and inviting atmosphere for your home.
Fireplace Kit Inclusions
An outdoor fireplace kit may include one or more of the following:
- Connection kits
- Gas tanks
Tile Surrounds to Choose from for Your Outdoor Fireplace
- Bullnose Tiles – Make sure to cover those edges and corners with bullnose tiles. A fireplace with smooth and rounded sides and corners is not only safer but also looks better. Accidentally colliding on the sides of your fireplace won’t pose severe injuries when the fireplace tile surround has bull nosed sides and corners. To know more about bullnose tiles and how to install them, simply visit www.bullnosetiles.net.
- Natural Stone Tiles – These tiles are not only naturally beautiful but they’re also able to withstand extreme heat. Natural stone tiles like granite and slate look very becoming in an outdoor setting and are just ideal for fireplaces.
- Glass Tiles – One very popular type of glass tile is the glass subway tile. Made of glass yet having the distinct look of tiles used in underground railroad systems, glass tiles make beautiful tile surrounds and hearth tiles for fireplaces. Glass subway tiles look like small bricks that can be formed like a puzzle to create a mosaic pattern. They’re very stylish and make fabulous fireplace tiles for your patio. Visit www.glasssubwaytilehq.com for more information about glass subway tiles and where to get them.
There are many other tiles that you can use such as ceramic and porcelain tiles among others. However some tiles are more fitting for indoor spaces rather than open surroundings like lawns and gardens. The key is to go with tile surrounds that match your outdoor décor. Visit www.indoorfireplacehq.com and www.fireplacetile.net for more ideas about the different types of tiles that you can use as well as indoor fireplace designs that also look great outdoors.
Outdoor Fireplace Kit – An Easy Way to Set Up an Outdoor Fireplace
An outdoor fireplace can be made from scratch but buying fireplace kits definitely offers more convenience and ease in setting up a fireplace. Outdoor fireplace kits are made to make things easy and simple for homeowners. They not only make your outdoor area more inviting but also provide warmer evenings and the perfect ambiance.
One important aspect of every bathroom is the shower pan liner. This shower essential acts like a big pan that directs water into a drain. Shower pan liners are absolutely important in order to prevent problems associated with water damage. Leaks won’t occur when a liner is properly installed and the bathroom doesn’t cause problems to other areas of the home.
Shower pan liners are highly water resistant and are specially made to repel water. They’re made of durable and waterproof materials like fiberglass and acrylic. While Marley floors are made for dancing, shower pan liners are needed in the bathroom. Definitely not for decorative purposes, shower pan liners complete the functionality of your shower area and give it the all important waterproof feature.
Shower Pan Liner Installation
Just like torch down roof installation that comes in great detail, shower pan liners also need to be installed correctly to ensure that water doesn’t penetrate deep within the floor and cause problems. Make sure that you know what to do before deciding to handle the project yourself. Otherwise, hire the services of a professional installer to get the job done perfectly.
The installation of shower pan liners involves the use of cement, duct tape, silicone caulk, nails and many other tools. Proper drain positioning and exact measurements should be done so that the pan liner stays secure and properly directs water into its drain. It can serve as an excellent do-it-yourself project. However, skill and proper know how is needed in order to come up with totally waterproof flooring. Visit www.waterproofflooringhq.com for more details on waterproofing floors such as bathrooms, kitchens and other areas in the house.
Things to Do After Installing Shower Pan Liners
- Turn on the shower faucet and fill the entire shower area with water.
- Let the water settle on the shower floor for at least 3 hours to test for leaks.
- When you’re sure that the area is completely waterproof, you can begin covering the pan liner with mortar bed or cement. A mortar bed height of about 1 ½ inches is enough to secure the pan liner.
- Start installing your bathroom flooring. You can use tiles to cover up the mortar bed and give the bathroom a great looking appearance.
Shower Pan Liners are an Absolute Essential
Installing shower pan liners is a must for all bathrooms most especially in the shower and bathtub areas. Do-it-yourselfers can handle the installation themselves but it pays to hire the services of a professional to get the job done in a hassle free way. A home is never complete without a shower pan liner. Problems caused by bathroom leaks are eliminated and the bathroom essentially functions at its best.